To improve the speed of migration and reduce your organization’s bandwidth constraints for Exchange Online, consider the following:
- Reduce mailbox sizes and always use cached mode
- Smaller mailbox size improves migration speed. Cached Exchange Mode enables a better experience when you use an Exchange account. In this mode, a copy of your mailbox is saved on your computer. This copy provides quick access to your data, and it is frequently updated with the server that runs Microsoft Exchange.
- Use the mailbox move capabilities with an Exchange hybrid deployment:
- With an Exchange hybrid deployment, offline mail (in the form of .OST files) does not require re-download when migrating to Exchange Online. This significantly reduces your download bandwidth requirements. A hybrid deployment provides the seamless look and feel of a single Exchange organization between an on-premises Exchange organization and Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365. In addition, a hybrid deployment can serve as an intermediate step to moving completely to an Exchange Online organization.
- Schedule mailbox moves to occur during periods of low Internet traffic and low on-premises Exchange use:
- When scheduling moves, migration requests are submitted to the mailbox replication proxy and may not take place immediately.
For support migrating to Office 365 or enhancing your current environment. Contact Us at www.SkyBridgePro.com